Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Leaning on Him



I know that I can not do any of this without God's help. I need His strength to help me everyday. I have tried on my own several times and have been unsuccessful. I have to remember to pray everyday for Him to help me not give into cravings, to be organized enough to plan my meals, to be on time with my day so I don't just grab something fast and fatty because it is easy, to make it to the gym five days a week, and to not let any of my other duties go. Sometimes I feel like losing weight is a full time job!! You have to be focused, planned and organized. You have to study cookbooks, calorie books and new work outs. I have to be completely obsessed with it to stick to it. I constantly look over my goals, and challenges. I try to get my hands on any magazine with real success stories in it. It's easy to be so consumed I let my house go a little, or I am worrying about my dinner and not what I am going to make my husband and boys. But the awesome thing about Christ is HOPE! He wants me to pray about all these things. He wants me to be successful at losing weight for several reasons: 1. My body is a temple of the Holy Ghost! 2. To be in good health 3. To be a good testimony 4. To be attractive for my husband 5. To learn how to be disciplined! 6. To raise my boys healthy 7. When I lean solely on HIM and I lose the weight, HE is glorified! 8. So I can do all HE wants me to do.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. That is going to be the verse I claim through this journey to a healthier life.

No comments: