Saturday, November 6, 2010

26.1 mile Ride. Bike the Coast finisher!



Day started off pretty good. Woke up at 3:00am (went to sleep at 11:30pm :/) I couldn't really stomach anything. I had a little coffee, and half a bagel, and a few bites of oatmeal. Left the house at 4:25am, a little later than we wanted! But we made good time, got there at 6:40am. As soon as we got there my stomach starting hurting really bad. I walked to find a rest room, it was still dark outside. I found a very cute nice coffee shop and went potty there. I know.. very important detail. But seriously, when you are about to do an event, and have to go, you stress if you can't! So anyways :)

I registered and took pics with Davey and the boys, went potty again, and headed out. At 7:30 they announced the 25 mile group could leave whenever they wanted. I crossed the Start line at 7:42:19am.

It was an overall very nice ride. There were MANY hills. It was suppose to be flat, but I am glad it wasn't. This was perfect Olympic distance training. I didn't walk my bike at all.

I almost got hit by a car twice. Once the car was parked on the street and pulled out right in front of me. Second a car was turning right and got about 6 inches away from me. Scary!

I reached the half way mark at 1 hour, 3 minuets. I stopped and streched. My left inner thigh was cramping. I tried a GU for the first time.. and ewwww. I wanted to barf as soon as it hit my mouth. Thank God I had Shot Bloks, which I had to go to two different stores last night at 8pm to find. I still had no appetite, so I stuck to water, Gatorade and Shot Bloks. After 5 mins I got on my bike to continue when I saw a huge aid station/break area where all the bikers where getting sandwiches and water and going to the bathroom. I got ice water, used the restroom, took some photos, called Davey and was off. My total break time was 15 minuets, for which I don't count in the 2:04. There were no timing chips so no one was in a hurry. It was beautiful and relaxing. I felt good the second half, even a little faster and stronger.

I was riding along and heard these guys, and had to stop and take a picture. God bless our troops. I love our Military. It's because of them that we have the liberty to ride on the streets and to participate in activities. I am so grateful for them.

Relief flooded through me as I got back on the main street only a couple miles from the finish. I passed people and crossed the finish line at 10:01 am. Total time out-2 hours 19 minuets. -15 minuet break =2 hours 4 minuets total riding time. My legs were weak when I got off the bike, but my tank wasn't empty. I could have gone a few more miles :)

I was getting passed a lot of the time by serious cyclist. They all had cycle shoes, road bikes, cycle clothing, ect. But I did pass several people as well. I was happy with my speed, which averaged out to 4.7 minuets a mile.

After I got my medal I was super curious to know if the course was exactly 25 miles, on the website on the map course, it said 26.1. The lady I asked didn't know so she went and asked someone else and they gave me a paper, and confirmed, it was 26.1 miles. Woo! Almost a marathon on a bike!

We enjoyed a few hours at the beach after, and a free meal of our choice on the event. It was beautiful and in the 70's.
Here's to hoping I'm not too sore for my Spin certification tomorrow! 8 hour long class, 2 intense rides (so I hear). I will be sore on Monday! Hopefully weigh in goes really well. I am about to put the boys to bed now and watch a movie with my wonderful honey. xoxo


Oh and just for fun. Remember this before shot? Here's a new "So far" shot to compare.

13 comments:

Weightless said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the ride. You look a lot trimmer in your pictures now. Congrats! Good luck with the Spin certification tomorrow.

Adrienne said...

Thank you Sara! :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic!!! Your ride sounds like it went really well - and I love your pink bike!! This is exactly how I started so be careful - you might have an Ironman on your agenda one day!!! PS: Your boys are gorgeous!

Sharon said...

I absolutely love the joy that radiates through this post. I am so proud of you. And even more important, I can see by the pics how proud your family is of you. You look great! Keep it up and thanks for taking the time to photograph the event and post the pic. I loved them all (especially since it's 28 degrees and I hiked in SNOW yesterday)!!!

Unknown said...

Can I just say how absolutely adorable you look in your biking gear? You are gorgeous!! So glad you had a successful ride. Thanks so much for sharing with all of the pictures!

SeattleRunnerGirl said...

You are looking GOOD! And congratulations on your ride!

Adrienne said...

Jacky, I do have an Ironman in my future.. I know it! How awesome that you have done one!!! When and where? Thanks for reading my blog :)
Sharon thank you so much for all those kind words! I was shocked at how warm it was.. and it's November! Snow would be fun though.. but only for a bit I'm sure!
Fatgirlwithin, Thank you! you are too sweet!! :)
Seattlerunnergirl, Thank you!! Your doing great too! :)

Kelly said...

I love the photos! And congrats on your race!

Adrienne said...

Thanks Kelly :)

Sarah - Fat Little Legs said...

I love the comparison photos at the end! Such an accomplishment... both your weight loss and the bike ride :-) You should be SO incredibly proud of yourself.

blondevue... said...

You look great!! The pictures at the top are my favorite but they are all good!

Adrienne said...

Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Whatever you think about what their intended purpose is, all the breast exercises in the world
of bust cream review distress he has to go back to the original position.

Deep breathing also bust cream review can
reduce pain and vein size and may actually be as effective as
these special ginsengs. And tell us, Amanda, turn around for us, or
we can choose kinds of policies that are appropriate for us.
Hormonal changes can cause an increase in their breast surgeries.


Here is my web blog ... Breast Enhancement