Tuesday, December 28, 2010

FAT

FAT sums up how I am feeling. And I am okay with it. Sort of. Even my blunt honest sweet husband mentioned I look and feel a little swollen. Ha! Well... It's amazing how fast weight will come on... even if %90 of it is water retention and being constipated from eating deliciously un-nutritious food. I am up a pound and a half. Not too bad, and I am actually surprised it's not more. But I FEEL awful.
I indulged WAY to much on Christmas Eve, Christmas, and the day after. I didn't even want most half of the food I ate. I was no longer hungry yet kept eating, I wasn't totally in love with the treats I was eating, they were not 10's. Weird right? To not have a 10 option on these days? Well I didn't make most of the treats I do enjoy out of fear of eating too much and having a gallbladder attack, so I was eating things others made or treats I made for my family. Like fudge. I made fudge, and really wasn't doing anything for me. But I kept eating it! A 10 for me is a warm melty chocolate chip cookie with milk. That's why I didn't make any.
We went to a friends for on Christmas and she made this amazing Almond Rocca. That was a 10, but I was satisfied after 1 or 2. But I kept eating it and eating it until I felt sick. I was eating like I was never going to eat again! But there is a silver lining to this fiasco. I was very aware of what I was doing and how my body didn't want more. So I may have not listened, but I would have felt totally satisfied and not deprived if I would have just listened and ate only what I really wanted.
I have been getting bad headaches and nausea, along with back pain and neck pain. I went to the chiro yesterday and felt better for a little while after but last night and today headache and nausea again. Maybe it's my eating? I don't know but I don't want any food for days. Just kidding. Hours.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Adrienne, I really think that it's this time of year that's making everyone crazy. Why can't we have 1 or 2 of something without having to inhale the whole thing? Ugh! One day at a time, one day at a time. . . .