Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Today for memorial day we took all the ranch boys to a beautiful river to BBQ, swim, and tube some small rapids. Davey thought it would be fun to take Shane and Cody down some small rapids nears our camp set up. Well the first time was great, the boys loved it. The second time...Davey slipped and fell at the top of the rapids, and accidentally let go of the raft [which by the way, was a twin size blow up mattress!!]. So there go the boys, drifting down the rapids all alone. I started screaming, jumped off a rock I was on to take a picture, into the river (fully dressed) to rescue my babies. By the time I got to them, they were near the end of the rapids but I did manage to keep them from hitting a huge rock. The boys were a little scared during the ride because they saw their Daddy fall, then they heard me screaming. Once we were all safe, the boys were laughing and wanted to go again. We all went together the next time. It was fun.

That was the first time in a couple months since I've really swam!! Felt like my first triathlon, freezing water, where you can't breathe. Fun stuff!

Cody is the next Michael Phelps. He is. Barley two, and already learning to swim. You can't keep him out of the water!! That is one reason we ALWAYS keep a life jacket on him. Later on in the day, we were all playing and eating. I turn around for a second, turn back, and Cody is floating down the river. Yes. No lie. He is smirking and enjoying it. The current is strong and there were more rapids down a little ways, so again, I scream and a ranch boy grabs him. Can't you just picture Cody floating down the river in his huge yellow life jacket smiling?

When we were packing up to leave, I hear a ranch boy yell, "SNAKE!!!" and sure enough, a Copper Head (poisonous) snake was right on our camp, right by where the boys were playing earlier. They killed it. Feww. I am thankful for the Lord's protection. All this outdoors mountainious activities are dangerous. ;-)

On a sad note, our dogs got out about 5 days ago and we still can't find them. I've done everything I could. I think someone dogknapped them. :( I am depressed about it. But God knows where they are, and why they are not found..yet.

Happy Memorial Day!! I love our Troops!!

Love, The Curvy Housewife

No comments: