Friday, November 4, 2011

Blending for the Babies


Here it is....all laid out....This week I have been eating TERRIBLE!
There I said it. No wonder I've gained another 2 pounds this week. Blah. More than my weight, I hate the way all the junk is making me feel. Sure I can "blame" it on the Halloween Candy my boys got tons of. But truth be told, I am eating too many sweets, {cough* donuts...cough cough*}, not enough fruits and veggies, and I am getting full off of foods that are not nutritious. This has got to change! I only have 5 weeks left of my baby growing and getting all the nutrients he needs! So......

I have been wanting to try juicing veggies and fruits so I can be sure to get them in for little Baby O. I got V8 juice from WIC but it isn't very good, and it has sodium. I do chew 3-4 kids gummy vitamins a day as well (suggested by nurse since prenatal vitamins hurt my tummy this time).

I don't have a juicer, and I thought I could juice with a blender. I got carrots, spinach, apples, pears, mangoes, and more to try to make juice combos. Well turns out you can't juice well with a blender, so I went with a smoothie. I want my boys to have more veggies as well myself. I don't know if it's just us, but I struggle getting all our veggies in! I am responsible for 3 boys health, plus my hubby's and my own!

Well, the boys weren't too fond of the smoothy. Probably because they are too full off candy. Sigh. But Shane has been munching on carrots since I got them out. Yay. :)

2 Carrots
1 Apple
1/4 cup Mango
2 tbsp sugar (really needed something sweet)
1/4 milk
1 cup water
Ice

It's pretty tasty! Carrots don't blend well so there is a bit of a texture, but besides that I am pleased. I am excited to try one with bananas, spinach, and more.

Do you juice or blend? I need ideas!!!!

Love, The Curvy Housewife

No comments: