Monday, January 30, 2012

Malnourished?

Did you know you can be obese and malnourished?

Let me back up....

I want to start this post by complaining about my stupid body and how it's falling apart. I've never hated my body before..sure I thought/think it's too big, but lately...I hate it. It's failing me.

TMJ
Wednesday night, sever sharp pain in my jaw.
Could hardly open my mouth. I had to leave church early, I was in tears.

The next day I go to the dentist, pay out of pocket of course, no insurance right now. I was prescribed muscle relaxers & Motrin. Oh & an antibiotic just in case since he can't see inside well.
Doesn't help. Up all night in pain. Crying.
Someone recommended craniotomy therapy. I find a lady at a day spa that does this- its a 25 min jaw, face & head massage. It helps. I go Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. Feeling much better on Sunday, when..my teeth suddenly feel funny. My bite was completely off! I freak out. Convince myself I have jawbone cancer, go to bed, and have a total pity party.

Today I wake up and my jaw feels a little better, my bite seems better, and I clean and get stuff done all day. Thankful. Then....I see I started bleeding.. Again! Oh my word. I'm 8 weeks PP. Come on.
I say, "Whatever." go about my evening, and a filling feels funny..maybe lose in the same tooth I've had all these problems with.

U G H.

I was putting books away today and picked up one titled "Healing secrets from the Bible". I looked up TMJ, didn't have it. So I looked up "teeth". It takes me to a chapter about Americans that are obese yet malnourished. I'm intrigued. Studies showed people in different cultures (ones that eat food they grow and hunt) having much better health than those of Americans. Also having healthier teeth!
Hmmm.

I know I don't eat enough fruits and veggies. And I need to! Not only for me but for Reece.

Looking at my fitness pal for today...looks like I sure can eat better! I'm ready for the first to come.

Love, The Curvy Housewife

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I will be praying for you. Sounds like Satan is working against you in a lot of areas right now.

You are an exceptional woman and have the love of God!