Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weigh In & 13.1 training

Last week: 207.2
Yesterday: 206.8

I was expecting a bad number. I weighed myself everyday last week. I need to face this.....I reviewed my WW online tracker, and you know what I found out?? I went over my points every.singe.day. AND ate all of my weekly points. And I wonder why not a better loss? pshhh. I am RIDICULOUS. I get 46 WW points which is usually about 2,100 calories, yet I still go over. Serious self loathing over here right now.

Anyways. Since Saturday's are my weigh in days I want to eat some of my weekly points Saturday night for my "free meal". Last night we had pizza. We got home from church today and I warm up the left over pizza for my boys for lunch. Unaware I took like 3 bites!! Ok maybe I was aware, but it was like automatic. So after my boys ate what they wanted, I gave the rest to the dog.  Better it goes to waste than to waist remember? I am DETERMINED to not eat over my points this week.  And NO NO NO weighing myself all week until Saturday WI.

 

I am praying for God's strength everyday to stay with in my points. And for His help running.  Oh running. sigh.  Training for this 13.1 is so much harder than the last one! I am frustrated. Depressed. Even anxious about it. The furthest I've ran with out walking postpartum is 5K.  The furthest run/walk I've done postpartum is just over 4 miles.  Remember the days when I could bust out a 7 mile run on the treadmill and feel amazing? Where are those days now!??
 I feel like I need a really good long run to boost my confidence. But I'm nervous I will fail. I am pretty sure I will have to walk a lot of this half marathon.  Which means I for sure will not beat my last time, but that's the least of my worries. I just want to finish.  My mom will be there and possibly my in-laws. (Grandma want to come? It's in Aptos June 2nd!) Everyone say hi to my grandma! She's a faithful reader :)  I want to do my best for all of them!!!

Really feeling quite down about myself lately. I need to just quit whining though because I have a BIG God that is going to help me. All I have to do is ask. Why do I often NOT ask?? I have an amazing supportive husband and family.  And my 3 wonderful, amazing boys. Oh I love them so so much. They certainly are worth every roll and stretch mark. 

Speaking of boys. I have yet to introduce the word FAT into my boys vocab.  I am terrified of them figuring out what it means. Today at church we walk by this very large round short man and Shane (4) points at him and starts busting up laughing. Then he yells, "That man looks so funny."
*Blush* run away!!  I could hear my husband behind me trying to hold in laughter. Poor round man. I explained to Shane that is rude. He honestly thought he was a funny man, like the man meant to look funny. Oh the innocence of a child.

Here's to a fresh week. Doing good today so far. Thanks for reading!

Love, The Curvy Housewife


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I've made the same decision this week. I went a bit too far into my weekly bonus points and it DID make a difference on the scale. So this week, I've decided to stay in my daily points, workout 6 days, and of course no weighing in. I've already taken the scale out of my house weeks ago...a very good decision by the way! So, I was thinking...would you be interested in walking this week out together holding each other accountable?

I tried to find an email address for you, but couldn't. If you're interested, just email me, okay? You can find my contact info at the top of my blog under the my "contact" tab.

Hang in there girl, you're doing great!!!

Christy Brown said...

I just said a prayer for you and am adding you to my prayer list right now. I've been in your shoes and know how it feels. Take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up. Sounds like you are doing an amazing job to me. You see where you have room to improve and you're committed to tackling it. Our pastor preached a message last night about "strongholds" in life. Food is certainly one of mine. Just as you said, turn it over to God and ask for His guidance. Keep looking up for strength and looking forward to your goal. You can do it!

p.s.
Nice to meet you on Twitter! :)