Sunday, May 20, 2012

Done.

The 10 miles that is! I ran 10 miles yesterday at the beach! I started around the 22 mile marker (didn't get a pic :/ & ran to Nike 17 (beginning of Venice beach) & back). It took me about 2.5 hours, including a few potty breaks.
I always get asked how I can run for so long...here are some things I've learned.

-Your body can do much more than you think it can.

-Whether you are running 3 miles or 13
miles, the first mile is always the hardest.

-If you stop, it hurts & it's hard to get going again.

-Eat clean, healthy carbs for fuel.

-You can suddenly throw up with out feeling nausea first. ;)

-For me, Gu & any other gooie fuel upsets my stomach. Gatorade too :(

-To avoid runners tummy, don't stop abruptly, cool down, if it starts to hurt jog slow. (this really helped me yesterday).

-Don't worry about the time!! I LOVE free running.

-Listen to a podcast you enjoy if it's a boring course.

I really enjoyed the run. I was so distracted by the people I saw and the beautiful scenery.

I had to nurse Reece a few times before we even got running. Then I gave him his very first solids, a banana in a munchkin net thing, he sucked on it until he fell asleep. It was wonderful =)

The hubby ran 13.1 miles!! While pushing the double jogger! I'm so proud of him :)

I'm of course just gonna keep doing WW & working hard at losing weight. I see a difference in my body, if the scale doesn't reflect it OH WELL. It will eventually.

Here are some pictures from yesterday. I absolutely love LA. I saw, two weddings, a guy roller skating while playing the bongos, people tight roping, kids playing, a beautiful sunset, guys doing tricks in their bikes, lots of other runners, tons of friendly bums, and so much more.

The picture of me in the pink skirt was from today. I bought it 6 weeks ago and couldn't fit into it comfortably until today!

Love, The Curvy Housewife

4 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

Good attitude! A while back I decided to say "the scale has an opinion but doesn't know all the facts!" Congrats on fitting in the top. I had that victory this weekend, too. :) Way to go on getting in your 10!

Anonymous said...

Good for you on your run today. It is so true that your body can do more than you think. I have been finding that out on my weight loss journey and it still amazes me what I can do now and not before I lost 86 lbs. I am your newest follower.

Kelly said...

That's right, the scale will eventually reflect your efforts, Adrienne. Those small losses here and there add up! Losing 0.6 is equal to losing 4 sticks of butter off your body. Hang in there - and remember, talk to your leader. Interrupt her if you have to & don't feel bad about it. It's her job to help her members. That's what she is there for.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! And I agree abour your body doing more than you think.. and about the stopping bit :)