Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Measurments

I've been measuring myself every Tuesday for the few weeks, and measured myself March 21 for the "start" measurements.

Last weeks inches lost:

1/2 inch off my hips
1 inch off my stomach
1/2 inch off my waist
1/2 inch off my thigh

Inches lost since 3/21/12:

2.5 inches off my hips
3.5 inches off my stomach
1 inch off my arm
1.5 inches off my waist
1/2 inch off my thigh
1/2 inch off my calf

Total= 9.5 inches gone!

whoo hoo!!

I am a little distracted today.  A 15 year old girl from my home town of Morgan Hill Ca went missing two months ago just about a mile from my inlaws house. Read the article here.  The man they believe kidnapped her was arrested the other night.  Also finding out he is linked to 3 other attacks on women in Morgan Hill, one of which he rapped a women while she was out jogging.   They are charging him with murder, her body has not yet been found.  A blog post is coming on this, and how to keep our kids safe, aware, and able to defend them selves.  For now, please, please please, go teach your kids to NEVER GET in a car, ever. If someone has a gun to you, you fight, kick, scream, run!!! Even if he shots you, better right there than after he does what he wants with you. You know? Ok, sorry for the morbid talk. But it's very personal right now. I went to school with the attackers older sister since middle school.

Love, The Curvy Housewife 




3 comments:

californiadreamin said...

Congratulations on the inches girl!

I totally agree with you, my mom always taught me to kick, scream, bite, run, claw if anyone ever tried to grab me. So SO sad.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the inches lost! Such an inspiration!!

I hate to hear that about that young girl. When I was in high school, a friend of mine went missing after meeting a guy one night she had talked to online. They found her body about a mile from my house. 10 years later, they still haven't found the guy.

So sad. I was taught the same thing though-kick, scream, and run. Gotta teach our own kids the same thing. Such a crazy world we live in.

The Skinny on Staci said...

WTG on the inches!!! As a mom of 3 little girls, I hate these stories. I got an email today about a man one town over trying to lure a girl to his truck. When the mom came out of the house, he sped away. I talked to my kids, yet again, to NEVER approach - always run the opposite direction attracting lots and lots of attention in any way possible. So, so scary.