Thursday, July 11, 2013

Logging food & Funnies

So. I went to the doctor for regular check up on Monday. I knew the scale wouldn't be pretty. I missed my last appointment so it's been 6-8 weeks since I've been. I specifically asked the nurse, "How much did I gain?" 
Nurse: "7 pounds" 
Me: "oh that's not so bad!" 

Doctor: "so you've gained quite a bit since your last appointment." 
Me: "Really? 7 pounds?" 
Doctor: "No. 17." 
Me: "What the hebbiejeebie are you kidding me!!!!!????!!" 
Doctor: "what happened? You were doing so well." 
Me: "I don't know. I'm swollen?" 
Doctor: "You're not THAT swollen." 
Me: Hang head in shame. 
Husband: Shakes head. 

I've been eating a lot of nutritious foods like grass fed butter, organic eggs, fruits, greek yogurt, ect....but not really cutting out all the sweets. So, I will have to log food into My Fitness Pal again to see how much I really am eating. 
Boo. 
I hate you fat genes.

Here are some funnies to keep us happy :) 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

aww girl!!! dont be sad. tell them you are preggo and they can kiss your grits! haha!!

The Skinny on Staci said...

I bet the nurse thought you were crazy for thinking what she said wasn't bad (if she really said 17). LOL How many weeks are you right now, anyway? I have a bad sweet tooth when I'm pregnant, too. I feel for you. Love the funnies. :)

safire said...

The funnies were super cute. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!