Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Week 2 Day 2

I didn't lose any weight last week. I didn't expect to.  I wasn't "trying" to lose weight {I will be trying after we get groceries!}.  I ate and prepared what we had, and we ate out twice.  I logged everyday but two.  Here's the big news.....I RAN! I got winded, I was SORE...and it felt so good.  I can't wait to go again. Okay so I walked/ran. More like walked...but I did attempt to run from time to time. I did just over 2 miles in 38 mins. I went alone...huge treat for this mama :) 

I have a cold, and so do the boys, and its revival at church, so I'll have to wait a few days before I can go again, but really, I'm pumped about it.  I listened to the "Half Size Me" podcast while walking, which I just found! Hello! Motivation! You should look it up on iTunes. 

I had a super frustrating day yesterday.  Besides my body fighting this cold, I had things to do for my hubby, when I get an email saying my BLOG WAS DOWN! Grrrr! I spent literally allllll day (crying many times) trying to fix it.  Google is an answering machine.. So for now, my blog is back on blogspot.com. So instead of www.chroniclesofacurvyhousewife.com its www.chroniclesofacurvyhousewife.blogspot.com
All the stress got to me. I burned dinner (not on purpose), so I ran out to get Mexican food.  I also really really wanted a donut.  Or three.  Okay five.  {I shared, I promise}.
What? This is the last donut I'll ever have I'll have until the next time I fail, and start over again.

I got to the donut shop and the Vietnamese lady owner is so sweet.  She remembers me from my regular visits while pregnant with Shane and Cody {that explains the 66 pounds gain eh?}, and she says, "Oh you have baby?!" I had Will with me so I hoped that's what she meant. Not that she thought I was pregnant again, because I do still look six months pregnant.
Then she says, "You go to grocery store too? Or you just come for donut?"
(You mean people don't usually go to donut shops after dark?)
I said, "Just for donuts!" Then she laughed and gave me a free donut. 

I had to have one last sugary hooray before we cut it out of our diet. Right? 

I am finishing up my meal plan and will be going shopping tomorrow.  I am trying to make it as nutritious and "real foods" as possible, with out braking the bank.  Let.Me.Tell.You.  Not easy.  I've been reading Sally Fallon's book "Nourishing Traditions" to get recipes and great info.  Some of the stuff is like: WHOA.  Other stuff is like: HUH?
I know I've written blog posts about eating Organic on a budget, but I'm now stepping into a whole new world....No processed foods or sugar. 

I reeeeaaallly believe the key to successful weight loss and healthy eating is not feeling deprived.  Well for me at least.  My husband has been sugar free for almost 3 weeks now! We all will be too very soon.  It's surprising how many recipes call for sugar.  It's taken me HOURS to find recipes that: A. Don't look like cardboard B. Don't have crazy never heard of ingredients and C. Don't cost $20 for ingredients for ONE recipe. 

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

u go girl!!!! but you are making me want donuts and mexican hahaahahah. love the little picture about mondays!! lol