Friday, May 21, 2010

Mommy of three...



I am still adjusting to the thought of having three children. When this baby is born, I will, for one month, have 3 kids UNDER the age of 3!! Shane's birthday is in February. I do love the fact that we are going to have a big family. We are so blessed! I hope the baby is a girl, but I would love for it to be a boy too! Boys are awesome! But I am ready to decorate a pink room... and I will go all out!!
Lots of things have been running through my mind. I was thinking about having a home birth with a doula and a mid-wife. I am not real found of the idea, but the reason is this.... With both boys my water broke before I had any contractions. When that happens, you don't gradually start getting contractions... they start to come full force right away. I have heard, that every baby comes faster than the one before. I am not sure if that is always the case, but I do know that Shane's labor was exactly 12 hours (from the time my water broke to the time he was out), and Cody's was 5 hours. I did not get any pitocin with Cody, it was intense and fast all naturally. By the time I finally got an epidural, I was only in labor an hour longer.
My best friend Vanessa, and Davey where with me. Vanessa was prepared to time how long I pushed. I only pushed about 25 minuets with Shane. With Cody, 3 minuets!!!!!!! She was like, "What!? That's it!??" LOL She was pregnant herself with her first at the time, so she was curious. When she gave birth, she had to push for 2 hours. I can't imagine! Pushing is so tough and the hardest work out a woman will ever have!! What a tough cookie for not giving up.
So naturally, I am concerned that this baby will come at 3 or 4 hours into labor!! If I was at home I would not have to stress about being in my room and the doctor being ready to catch the baby.
I am really cracking down on our schedules. The boys nap times and bed times are being more consistent. I have been inspired by a friend to schedule Shane's day. Will update on that later!
Below is a pic of my Mom on her wedding day!

No comments: