Monday, August 23, 2010
Weigh In 8/23 and Triathlon
FINALLY!!!! Broke 203 pounds. But only by 1 measly pound. Ugh. This will take my whole life if I keep losing like this. I am so close to the ONEders! But will I ever get there??!! I am glad I am down a pound. Really thankful. But man, I am frustrated at the same time! I lost 5 pounds first week of WW (now starting my 5th week), then no pounds until today and it was only 1! So my question is.. what is going on?? Let's evaluate.
1. First week of WW I did EXCELLENT. So let's take a look.
a. I didn't exercise (a light walk here and there).
b. I didn't have any BLT's.. bite licks or tastes.
c. I ate all very healthy foods that were high fiber whole grain.
d. I drank a lot of water.
2. The next weeks, I began to work out (a lot), ate desserts with in points, but higher in fat.. such as 2 Tbsp chocolate. Does that matter??
3. Went on vacation and went off for a week, but was very active so I didn't gain.
4. In those few weeks, went down .5 up .5.
5. This last week, I worked out a lot, and starting Thursday I lowered my points by 3, so from 33 to 30. I get 5 points for nursing Cody and I just think it was too much. I added up Wednesday's points into calories and it was 2,000 calories!! I was eating 1600 when I was losing counting calories, and I was nursing Cody more.
6. But then.. I emailed Fat Little Legs.
She has lost 100 pounds on WW. She said seems to her I am not eating enough. She asked if I have been eating all my points, flex points, and some activity points. I have not been eating my flex points, and I never eat any activity points. She said she eats all her points, most of her flex, and 5-10 activity points every week, and would lose 1-1.5 pounds a week. She said if you don't eat enough you won't lose. And with all I have been working out I should be eating more, but eat lean protein and healthy foods like milk or yogurt. She is so sweet to have emailed me back! I appreciate her advice.
7. Let's face facts.. I ate on WW week 1.. Week two I had a "High Calorie day" which turned into a couple days. Then week 3 ate on WW until day 6, then went off for a week. Week 4 stayed on all week with out using any Flex or activity points and lost -1.
So the plan is.. to eat 30 points daily, keep my gym schedule, eat more flex points and activity points, no BLT's and hope for a bigger loss next Monday!
So I am soooo excited to announce.. that the Lord provided for me to be able to do the Triathlon!!! Yay yay!! Oh boy.. now I am nervous. It is September 25, See Jane Run all woman's triathlon. Here is the link.
I have so many thoughts going through my head!! I really don't know if I will be ready. I haven't been training for a tri... just working out. No doubt Spin has been helping.... especially Coaches class. But that class kills me and I can barley walk after let alone run! This tri is a little bit longer than my first. It's 1/4 mile swim, 11 mile bike (Avia was 10), and a 3 mile run (Avia was 2 miles). So I have a month to prepare. Nervous!!! And... And!!!! I have forgotten to tell you.. we are going to Ohio Sep 9-13! Excited about seeing a church out there. It's a great church, and Davey would be an assistant Pastor. So I won't be able to train while there.
There are also expenses for gas to get to Pleasonton, wet suit, sports bathing suit, new shoes, food for the trip.. ect. So I pray God will provide for all that, and I know He will.
I did Coaches 8:30 am class on Saturday, I swear it was harder than his Tuesday class. I only ate a small piece of whole grain toast with a tsp Jelly and a small cup of coffee before the class. I was tired. He went.. 65 minuets!! We were going to be done at 60, but then asked if anyone wanted to do one more song. Everyone said yes, I was saying... "Nope.. I'm done!!" In my head. But when the song came on... it was my absolute favorite to Spin too.. so I did it, and I pushed hard. I attempted to go to Turbo Kick Boxing after, but I lasted only 10 minuets. My legs were jello. Spin was so brutal. So I did upper body weights: stomach, chest, back, and arms. Today is TKB, I will probably do treadmill and TKB. We'll see.
So last issue... my tummy. I hate it. Why won't it go away? My face, collar bone, and shoulders are thinning out. My tummy is still so gross and huge, and getting loose. I do sit ups but while I do them think about how pointless it is. :( Oh well... I will reap if I faint not in due season.. right?!!
xoxo Have a great week!