Monday, December 13, 2010

Merry Christmas Babe. Love Davey & Dad!


God is so good. Been praying for a new bike for a while. Davey and my Dad split the cost of this bike. It's used, off Craigslist. Very affordable. I found it and it was love at first site. It was my exact size (according to investigation online), 52 cm. I prayed, if it wasn't God's will he wouldn't allow me to get it. But He did.
This is a Centurion Ironman Triathlon Bike.
It is going to take some getting use too. Very rough on my bum. VERY fast and super sensitive steering. Clip in pedals. Have not manged to accumulate enough courage to try it with my cycle shoes.. I am not ready to crash yet. He had different pedals on it, white ones, but they didn't fit my cycle shoes. He happened to have extra pedals that fit my cleats, so he swapped them! Saved $40-50 there.
Learning the bike mechanics. Very different to ride, to turn, to climb hills, to change gears (gears are on on top tube, not handle bars). I'm already getting the hang of it though. I see bright successful races in this bikes future. I'm gonna name it.... have any ideas of good names?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Name your new bike after somebody you admire...maybe a pro triathlete. If it's a man's name it will be funny to tell your hubby when training, "Hey, I'm going out with (fill in the blank) for a while. See you later." But seriously, I enjoy reading your blog. I used to run/ride and really need to get back into it. I admire you for trying a new sport. Getting used to the pedals won't take long and you'll realize how much easier it is. Best of luck!

Adrienne said...

Thanks Megan!! I appreciate it :) and LOL that's so funny. Maybe I'll name the bike after a cute actor.. like Channing.. hahaha!

Weightless said...

Lucky <3 Sounds like a blessing!

I hope the bike is all you want/need/expect. I SOO can't wait to get a road bike. =)

Adrienne said...

Thank you! It's a huge blessing. :) I can't wait for you to get one too!

Unknown said...

As soon as I saw her, I thought: she looks like a 'Scarlett', just like from Gone with the Wind, which is exactly what you'll be looking like when riding her! Congratulations on your new bike - SO excited for you :)

Adrienne said...

Awe Scarlett! That's cute. :) Thank you!