Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spudnuts


Spudnuts is a donut shop here in town.

I use to go to it REALLY often.

I haven't been in over a year.

I went this morning. I bought 11 donuts. [didn't have enough for a dozen, they only take cash...by the way...who only takes cash these days?]

The owner didn't recognize me. 57 pounds lighter and over a year of no Spudnuts donuts. Much of what I lost was because of eating her marvelously warm soft donuts.

We use to be on a first name, no what I order basis. She always gave Shane free donut holes when he was a little baby.

Every Sunday morning Davey and I would get a 12-18 donuts for out Sunday School class. We always ate one in the car on the way there. Then take home any left overs. When I was pregnant with Shane I would buy half a dozen at least once a week and enjoy them.

This morning, my kids were amazed with the donuts because they don't remember ever eating any. I had 3. YES 3!!! Can you believe it?! Horrible I know. One was an old fashion maple. Then a small chocolate chocolate chip. Then later, a maple bar.

But I'm not upset about it! See, I'm changing. I'm okay with that because the rest of the day I ate good and tomorrow I will as well, and so on. When I got home this afternoon just about all the donuts were gone, and I was glad. And it was a great treat for my family, and I realized... it's just that. A treat! Not a once a week thing. Donuts are for treats. I've been feeling deprived since I never eat one in Sunday school anymore. I'm glad I got them, and I'm satisfied.

Dinner tonight: Turkey Burgers and Yam fries.

Do you eat donuts? What is your favorite??

Love, The Curvy Housewife

8 comments:

californiadreamin said...

I LOVE donuts! My favorite are chocolate bars or just nice glazed ones. OOOO or lemon filled glazed ones

Adrienne said...

Those are all delicious! :)

Strobels said...

They are my pregnancy food...

blondevue... said...

I really like the apple fritter kind!! :D But they hurt my stomach sooo bad. So I don't eat them hardly at all. How awesome that the owner didn't recognize you!?! Thats pretty cool, I am sure she was surprised and glad to see you!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

To me there are only two kinds of donuts-- chocolate glazed or regular glazed--from Krispy Kreme

Lindsey Lu said...

mmmmmmmmmm donuts. especially pink frosted donuts. Pure evil I tell you!!!!

Jess said...

I'm starting to learn about moderation, too. Wow...a new concept for me. I used to be an all or nothing eater. Now, I know I can eat a little every now and then. Congrats on not getting down about it! You have a great attitude about it all! :)
J

Adrienne said...

Good for you J! &
I love Crispy Creme!