Friday, May 6, 2011

Hormones

Men are so lucky. They don't have to deal with hormones. Mine have been going crazy. One day I'm okay, then next (today) a mess. I still feel very homesick, and out of my element. I can't just get up and go to the gym or to town to walk (because it's 40 mins away). Today I have no energy at all. Can't even get dressed. Cody needs a diaper change, I need to clean up their room, do laundry, make my bed, clean the bathrooms, unload the dishwasher, make us lunch, put away laundry, and more. Making that list just made me so tired. I loved Totally the Turtle's post today. I think we are sisters.

I hate the way the first trimester makes me feel. I have nausea, constipation, fatigue, extreme thirst, excessive peeing, I smell everything, which then makes me sick, and oh, did I mention fatigue? I could honestly right now, lie my head down and be out cold. Even though I slept for 10 hours last night. yes. I did.

The fact that my house is a mess is making me more emotional. I miss California, I miss the beach, I miss my family, I miss my mom, I miss my church in Lancaster, I miss my friends, I miss my gym, I miss my schedule.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? This is an adventure. Right?? How many people ever move across the country whether it be for two years or ten? Who knows how long we will be here. I have to remind myself over and over, this is a blessing! Not only serving God here, but to expirience living in a different culture. (Really, southern living is a different culture from California living). I always thought, "I never want to stay in one place my whole life, I want to live in different places before we find where we want to live forever!" But now that we are in here, and doing that...all I want is to be here, or there. I don't know how many times I thought, "If only the boys ranch was in Oceanside Ca." You know what that is called....DISCONTENTMENT.

I know I would feel that way where ever we moved. Always wanting something I don't have. Isn't that how we are? It's a SIN issue. It really is. Paul said, "I have found that whatever state I am in there with to be content." and I know Paul had it really hard. I really think that these pregnancy hormones are making me even more depressed than just being homesick. I mean, move 2500 miles, new busy job for the hubs, lots of responsibility, unpacking, pregnant, morning sick, tornado, ect... yup it's a lot all at once.

Okay well, sorry for my whiny post. I desperatly need to pray and read my bible right now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day.

Love, The Curvy Housewife

5 comments:

safire said...

I hope you feel better and have a wonderful week! I think men get hormonal too :)

Weightless said...

I've been struggling lately with contentment as well. It's a every day thing. You're pregnant you get to be hormonal. ;-) Ha Ha Davey and Ranch boys watch out! Maybe you should hope that this baby is another boy.

As a mother of two girls, I'm in trouble.

Kendra said...

Adrienne,
I am totally praying for you today, and all through this journey. I am praying for peace for you, for comfort to find you, and to know in your heart, that you are not alone. That you have friends that believe in what you are doing there, and you are truly glorifying God every day! That is totally something to be happy about. I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time right now.
Hugs.

Kimberly said...

I felt the same way when I first moved here. It actually took me several years to feel at home. You probably don't want to hear that, but it's true. It was the worst kind of culture shock. But now...well now I can't imagine being anywhere else. Okay, may Italy would do. But in all seriousness it just took time for me to make friends and settle in. I love living here now. I'm hoping you'll feel the same way in time. And just as soon as Sharon get's back from her vacation, we plan on coming down to spend some time with you.

As for your question about the snakes...I have seen some from time to time, but it's rare. They don't like people and will do anything to stay away. Just do what I do. Anytime I'm out hiking or in nature, I make as much noise as possible. So far it's worked for me.

I love you friend........(((hugs)))

Adrienne said...

Awww thank you all for your sweet comments. Tears..really. I am praying that I will feel at home here very soon. Can't wait to meet you Kimberlynn! Love you Kendra and Sara! :) and Thank you Safire!