Tuesday, March 27, 2012

7 Day Challenge


I only lost about a pound last week. I'm frustrated. Getting down on myself. Wondering if I'll ever reach my goal weight?

I know a pound is "good". But it's not good enough. I started back at the gym last week. I did cycle, I ran, I did 30 day Shred, and really? Just a pound? jkhhuhjfaljajujflaiti.
{That's gibberish for, "might as well punch me in the face because this stinks."}.

Soooooo. I am looking at my diary. What am I doing wrong? What can I change? Well I know one thing...I ate my fair share of chocolate chips last week. Those pesky little nincompoops creep up on you! So, I'm saying NO TO CHOCOLATE. Oh my soul, what did I just say? Someone slap me. Yes, I said no chocolate. For seven days.

Ok fewww. Seven days, I can handle that. I think. You might want to hide my knitting needles though.

Just kidding.

I don't knit.

Another thing I'm adding starting today for 7 days is...not eating after 6:30 pm. Some nights we eat dinner at 8:00pm! No Bueno.

I'm adding no candy and move for 20 minuets a day to this 7 day challenge as well. Jillian's 30 Day Shred makes me so sore but I will commit to moving 20 mins even if I can hardly walk! And no candy because, let's face it. I have a BAD sweet tooth. I don't want to justify candy because I'm not eating chocolate.

I'm hoping these changes will pay off before weigh in. If not, my scale may end up in my backyard. Where my dog poos.

Love, The Curvy Housewife

*photo credit me :)

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

No chocolate for 7 days!!! That would definately be a challenge for me as I LOVE chocolate. I'm proud of you though...sticking to it and pressing in! Keep it up girl.

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Those are some great challenges. Maybe you could give in to your chocolate cravings via Zone Perfect protein bars? My favorite all time protein bar is their chocolate mint. It satisfies my craving every time. Funny you wrote about Jillians 30 Day Shred, so did I. I tried it for the first time today and loved it. :) Good luck, you'll get back to your goal weight in no time. Keep up the effort.

Liz is getting back to her fighting weight said...

I like your journal idea. I have a daily planer I think I am going to start using for food and my feelings when I eat them.

You can do the 7 day challenge!!

Adrienne said...

Thank you all for the encouragement!

Treadmill Hiker said...

I honestly think you should work on being happy about the pound of fat you burned off over 7 days, and less on giving up something you really love. Maybe changing your level of contentment with the healthy success you're having will help you limit your chocolate intake to a level that won't interfere in your progress, AND won't leave you feeling like you're sacrificing something you LOVE. (And I share that love - nothing's better than chocolate!)

I think a pound burned off is great! And once the challenge is done, life goes on...so losing a lb while enjoying life and food should prove to you that you can do this forever.

Congrats on the success!