Monday, March 12, 2012

Craving


Something I have learned from losing weight, is your palate changes! You really do Crave what you EAT!! If you are just starting out on a healthy eating journey, give it 3 weeks. Really!! You will soon start to crave what you eat! I remember loving salads at lunch, and grilled chicken tacos for dinner. I looked forward to eating my frozen mangoes with a little whip cream for a dessert while we enjoyed a movie.

I've been faithful at counting my calories and eating clean healthy foods again for a few days now {if this is your first time here, I am 3 months postpartum and really just got serious again about resuming my weight loss journey!}. It's all coming back to me. I am enjoying my lean turkey sandwich loaded with veggies on Sara Lee light bread instead of just throwing any food in my mouth because I'm always in a hurry.

I feel better, I'm in control and reaping the results. We had a family night at Chili's the other night and I ordered something healthy!! {insert victory dance here}. I got the Margarita Chicken and it was delicious! I logged it into myfitnesspal.com and still had calories to spare for a treat when I got home. Now my husband and boys on the other hand...well...

Speaking of boys. A couple was staring at me at Chili's. I thought it was just because I was nursing Reece, even though I was totally covered. Then it happened. I began to burp him, and realized poop was all over me. YUP yellow poop on my hands, all up Reece's back, his blanket, my arms. What. In. The. World. How does a 3 month old poop so much? The couple was staring at me in complete horror. I'm pretty sure they never want kids now. I was playing it cool when Shane yelled, "EWWWW poop Mom!!! It's on your hand!" and several more people grossly looked our way. Can't make this stuff up folks.

Let's remember, you crave what you eat! Let's give it time and see how we fall in love with the healthy foods. :)

Love, The Curvy Housewife

Photo credit: Me :)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hysterical!!! I've so been there and done that. It's good to see you back at it...and so soon after giving birth. I'm impressed.

Liz is getting back to her fighting weight said...

That is really funny. Poor moms. They have to put up with so much including poop...