Thursday, April 19, 2012

Trigger Foods

Weight Watchers talks a lot about trigger foods. Kelly just wrote about hers the other day. I really hadn't thought of mine though. I thought I knew what I could "handle". Ummmmm WRONG.

Turns out I can NOT handle Nutella. Yesterday I ate almost half the jar by myself. I completely threw yesterday out the door. Sigh.

This morning, I was in the cupboard getting my cereal when I saw it. Sitting there all innocent. So I had a bite. Than another. And another. I quickly realized my plan to do really well today was slipping away.

So I thought about throwing it away in the trash outside. But c'mon, I'm in my pj's. I can't walk outside. So I look around, I want another bite...but I close the lid and throw it into the highest cupboard in the kitchen so I can't reach it. Fewww. Maybe I can still salvage the day. Which I did.

Ohhhhh and guess what?! I got a TREADMILL! whoot! Such an answer to prayer! It's old, ok sure. But it works. And we got it for $60! This is saving us money right now I promise. Somehow, someway, it is. I know it. I ran 3 miles on it today. It did feel a little tougher than the newer ones at the gym, but it WORKS and I got to watch a whole episode of "I use to be Fat".

Did I mention how last week we were running on the treadmills at the gym when I was stopped by the very stern day care lady. She pointed out to me that Reece still had two months before he can go into the day care. Whoops. So long gym. Over a month ago a 15 year old girl, Sierra, was kidnapped from around the corner from my in-laws. She still hasn't been found, and this was in the morning, with day light! I'm now a little nervous to run outside alone.
No excuses though we have a half marathon coming up!! So treadmill it was. I love you Craigslist. Thank GOD for providing it!!

Did good today despite my Nutella fiasco. A very healthy turkey meat loaf is in the oven right now. I am currently munching on a carrot, but I'm not gonna lie...I want to dip it in Nutella.

What's your trigger food??

Love, The Curvy Housewife

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

At least your honest...and funny!

My trigger food would have to be Baked Lays Cheddar Sour Cream Potato Chips. Yowza! I CAN NOT HANDLE THEM BEING IN THE HOUSE!

I'm really proud of you for getting back on track today. That's something to be proud of!

Adrienne said...

Thank you Kimberlynn! It was not easy :)

Kelly said...

Adrienne - I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way what your trigger food is. :-( But I am happy that you turned it around instantly. :-)

Adrienne said...

Thanks Kelly! :)

Anonymous said...

Im not sure what my trigger food would be. I probably have a few.

I hate running on the treadmill. Hate everything about it, but I love the option of having it. Ive been mostly treadmill running lately because I can run safely outside. Im not ashamed at all to be doing my training on the 'mill. Better than nothing, right?

Treadmill Hiker said...

Bread with chocolate almond butter is my poison of choice. And I indulge in it regularly. Very small amounts, 2-3 times week. And then I have to sacrifice other things, which doesn't always seem worth it after I've finished my bread/AB treat.