Friday, June 15, 2012

Weigh In & Scary

Weight Last Week: 200.8
This Week:             200.0
                
So close!! It should have been this week...but I was soooo busy. Can't believe it's already been a week since my last post!!

Next week for sure.

So this is what's scary. I don't want to talk about it too much cause it makes it worse.  I have been getting heart palpitations for a couple weeks that are more than normal for me.  I saw the doctor Tuesday and he seemed a little concerned (which sort of freaked me out) and said I had an irregular heartbeat.  So he refereed me to a cardiologist. Which takes 3 weeks.  Nice. In the mean time I've been seeing what triggers them but can't pinpoint something.  I've been thinking about it a lot. Today I put on my Heart Rate Monitor and it was jumping from 70's to 200's. yeah not good.  I was freaking out. So I sat down and was nursing the baby and suddenly I started feeling like I was going to pass out.  I got so super light headed and my HRM read 207.  Whoa.  I quickly put Reece down then began going down....I called 911, was able to walk to unlock my door for them (barley) then lay down on my left side. I was praying and so so scared. I really thought I was dying. 

Once they got there (Davey arrived at the same time) I was starting to feel better.  He saw my HRM was saying 200 than 100 than 207 but his accurate HRM read 94. That was a relief. He said mine was wrong and seemed like I was making the problem worse by seeing the high number.  I think he was implying an Anxiety attack.  But I don't feel anxious...well only about this!!!!

He wanted me to go in the ambulance just to be sure and I got faint a couple times here and there while there. My EKG was fine. I was in sweats, with my hair on top of my head, NO BRA, and no shoes. Oh my ghetto.  I was so embarrassed. Especially when they made me get off the gurney and walk to a waiting area and wait....all alone.  I hate the ER.  Ugh. 

Doctor didn't do much.  Said to wait for a cardiologist.  Nice, thanks.  I talked to both of my parents and they both said they have had this. My mom takes medicine for anxiety and my Dad had this happen to him twice when he thought he was having a heart attack but it was really indigestion.

So no fun. 

Praying it's just anxiety and not my heart.

Love, The Curvy Housewife

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Adrienne, I'm so sorry! You know my mother has a-fib and now needs to be on meds forever. If you truly are anxious, and I'm hoping that's what this, there are ways to deal with it. But please think long and hard about it - like are you worried about finances? Problems with the kids/family? Not enough time out of the house with friends? These are, of course, highly personal questions, and I don't expect you to answer them publicly, but I hope it gets you thinking. You know heart problems are extremely close to my heart because of my Mom. Feel better, take care, mama. :-)

Adrienne said...

Thank you Kelly!!! I'm thinking about all this. I don't get out much. But honestly the heart thing was stressing me out to begin with and I was getting anxious about it . ;(

The Skinny on Staci said...

Congrats on the WI! But oh my I'm so sorry about the heart rate issues!!! I can only imagine how scared you were and even still are. I hope the 3 weeks pass by uneventfully and a cardiologist can get to the bottom of this!