Thursday, January 31, 2013

Homemade Dishwasher Soap

FINALLY!!!!!!!! 

I've been searching for a homemade dishwasher soap forever.  I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner!!!

I'm sure people already do this. If so I missed it somehow!  I had this light bulb moment. My Grandma mentioned to me that I can add vinegar to my dishwasher to help with soap residue.  I randomly remembered that while loading my dishwasher, and wanted to try it. But I wanted to try it instead of my normal dishwasher soap {which is full of things dangerous to little ones, and says on there, contact poison control if child ingests}.
I added a tsp of dish soap to help with the tough stuck on food.  I love it! It works amazing! My dishes were much cleaner than normal.  It also cleaned my dishwasher, which may be why it worked so well too.

Here it is:

1/2 Cup white vinegar
1 TSP dish soap

I pour in as much of the 1/2 c vinegar into the soap container {not sure what you call it} and close the lid.  Then the tsp of soap with the rest of the vinegar in the open soap spot.  And wash!

SO easy!
Cheap!
NATURAL!
I'm excited! Can you tell!? ;)

**NOTE: It's important not to add more than a tsp of dish soap or you will get a bubbly mess...today I tried it with a tablespoon to see, and my floor got a little wash too :) 



Love, The Curvy Housewife

5 comments:

blondevue... said...

Ohhh'lahh'lahh! I'm going to have to try this one out! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Missy Hinton said...

Yay awesome! Definitely gonna try

The Skinny on Staci said...

I so don't have a dishwasher. Know any tips on how to get dishes to wash themselves WITHOUT a dishwasher??? Lol

Ak said...

What a great idea! So going to try this!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to try this! I am hoping it will get my bottles clean. Right now, my dishwasher will NOT get breast milk residue off of them. :( But I bet this will :)