Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Boy or Girl?

I got my ultrasound appointment! June 4 @ 1 pm. BUT we are having a reveal party (never done one!!) June 15 so I'm gonna have to wait a whole 11 days longer to find out! Ack!! 

My sis in law is doing the party for us. I will get an envelope from the ultrasound tech saying baby's gender (somehow I can NOT find out while there!) Then send it to my sis in law, who will not look at it- then she takes it to the baker who bakes a cake with either pink or blue inside!!! 

I am gonna have the U/S tech tell my sis over the phone what the baby is so someone knows...I've been worried the baker will mix up cakes lol.  But she WILL NOT tell me or a soul! 

I'm so excited. Of course I really want a girl. I desperately want pink ruffles, roses, bows, headbands and pink toe nails. But more than that I want a daughter to be close with, to be there when she gives birth, picks her wedding dress, shops for a prom dress (definitely NOT in that order!). 
But I KNOW I'll always be close to my boys. I wouldn't trade any one of them for a girl.  

The boys actually REALLY want a sister! Shane cried when I told him it could be a boy. LOL he keeps telling everyone it's a girl! I know they would love a brother too. 

I would be very happy and so blessed to have a fourth boy too. Some days I really want this baby to be a boy. Reece would have a best friend like Shane and Cody do. Not that a girl wouldn't be. I love the looks we get at stores, "3 boys?! Wow!" I'd love to hear, "4 boys! Oh my goodness." ;-) I take pride in being a boy mama! 

I trust The Lord. He knows best. He already has a plan for this baby. I have peace that I will get a girl one day. We'd be very happy with 4 children. It's a perfect number! It's a lot. But then it's not. Ya know? But we may keep trying until we get a girl ;) lol jk {maybe}.. 

Honestly, I don't feel too excited at the thought of being pregnant again after this baby. My body needs a BREAK! I just weaned Reece. {yay!} Bittersweet. I've been pregnant and/or breast feeding for 6+ years straight. LITERALLY. I had a one month break between weaning Cody & getting pregnant with Reece.  So since I got pregnant with Shane in 2007, I've been either pregnant or breast feeding and often both. No wonder my teeth suffer! So I day dream at the thought of not breast feeding or being pregnant. For real. I can finally get to my goal weight. I can tone up my saggy skin areas (especially the ladies!), work hard to get rid of stretch marks, heal my teeth easier...not be as tired...the list goes on. 

I imagined our family 3.5 years from now. Shane will be 8, Cody 7, Reece 5 and the new baby 3. And we are at Disneyland. I'm at my goal weight & healthy. The boys are all old enough to know not to wonder off. The 3 year old is a girl in a Cinderella dress. She's potty trained so no diaper bags. I'm not breastfeeding. All the kids are happy, healthy. I'm happy. Thankful. My husband & I are more in love than ever. We are right in God's will.  I want time to FREEZE. 
Now I'm teary. 

I hate rushing time. I'm always wanting time to go by so I can have the baby. Get to my goal weight. Ect. I need to hold these days tight. Shane just finished k4! He will be in kindergarten next year! My how time has flown! 

I hope I don't sound ungrateful for all these blessings (my four babies plus our angle babies). We wanted each and every one of them and they are my whole life!!!
 I'm just tired. And emo!!! Oh my soul!! 

I am weepy and moody like never before! Mother's Day was not a pretty day for my husband. Poor guy. I cried and yelled that I did the dishes on Mother's Day. What a brat! I didn't even give him a CHANCE to do them! I'm just so sensitive and snappy. Waah. 

I am craving fruit (apricots), and OJ, and homemade juices every day! So NOT craving sweets like donuts & brownies {blah} like I did with the boys. But really what does that mean? Nothing probably. It means I'm pregnant. Duh. ;-) 

Praying for a healthy, beautiful, good baby. Boy or girl I am so happy. My husband really wants another boy Lol. But I know a girl would be good for him. 

What do you think we are having? Are you good at guessing? I KNEW my sis I. Law was having a boy and they are! I knew my friend was as well and she is also having a boy. My sis says she knows its a girl. What do you think? 

 

1 comment:

The Skinny on Staci said...

I stink at guessing and always get it wrong, so I just won't guess. Lol I'll be honest. When we found out baby #3 was ANOTHER girl, I felt a twinge of disappointment. Of course once she was here NONE of the "I hope it's a boy" mattered anymore. We adore her! But when I found out #4 was a boy, I texted and called and emailed everyone all over the country! :) So exciting to have what you don't already have because it's all new, yanno? My niece did a reveal party where pink balloons flew out of a box. On either side of the box there was blue and pink paper. People signed their name on blue or pink, depending on what they thought she was having. Cute. I bet you anything your sister accidentally gives away to you what you are having. Haha Can't wait to find out!!! I can't believe you're to that point already!