Friday, November 15, 2013

Breast feeding my 4th Baby

Breastfeeding little 12 day old Will is going amazing! With my 3 other babies I had to use the nipple shield for a time. My first son I used it for 6 weeks. Second son for 2 weeks, third son 3-4 days, and in thrilled that I didn't need it at all with this one! 

I totally attribute it to the natural birth. He came out so strong and alert and latched on perfect right away.  I got a little sore but nothing compared to what I normally am. Yesterday I returned the nipple shield  I bought :) yay! 

He was getting good colostrum from the get go, and my milk came in on day 2. I also think that's because it's my 4th baby in 6 years :) 

Will eats A LOT. He wants to nurse all the time.  I don't have a very sleepy baby (except at night...which is a blessing!).  But I do get tired during the day. 

Yesterday at an appointment he weighed 8 lbs 13 oz! That's 4 oz over his birth weight. 

Today has been rough over all...house became a disaster while I was trying to do Will's newborn photos...which are super difficult by myself w the boys present.  Reece was into everything, and Will wanted to nurse all day. He's nursing right now actually!! 

I am really looking forward to feeling myself again and getting on a routine (I keep saying that but it's true!!) 

Also some BIG things are coming up for our family (maybe)...and it scares me. More on that later. 

Xo 

No comments: