Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Scale is mooooving!

I've lost 3 lbs this week! Yay! Weigh in day is actually friday but u changed some things up last week and it's working. I'm so happy. 

Weight loss is like %80 finding what works for you, and %20 doing it consistently. 
What worked once may not work for a while and or you may get bored with it and need to change things up or go back to what was origanlly what you were doing. Wow that was a tongue twister :) 

Last week after dinseyland I was back up to 189!! So not cool. So, I prayed and brainstormed and thought about what's worked for me in the past. 
Last Monday I wasn't feeling well so didn't eat much, and so by Tuesday I was back at 186.8. 

I just wanted/want to be consistent and do something that will work and not restrict anything. I can't do (or shouldn't do) low carb while half marathon training, and I didn't want to have to worry about that. 

That's why I liked IIFYM. You can eat anything. I decided to scale it down a bit though. I was struggling with allll the food (not so much the calories but the volume of food because it's just so much protein! Near 150g for me!) 

All week I've been counting my calories on mfp, aiming for 100 g of protein, drinking lots of water, exercising, and not eating after 6pm. It's working so far and I pray it stays that way. I can do this...I don't feel deprived and I'm happy. 

My calorie goal is set to 1,600, but I usually eat around 1700-1800 & I try to have a deficit of calories everyday. If I exercise I eat more towards 1900. Saturday will be my cheat day but I will still log it. I ate about 3,000 calories Saturday! Whoa I know..but I still lost! I try to have a 300-500 calorie deficit. Here's some of my burns from this week. 
3.5 mile run ^
Weights and cycle class ^
2+ mile run ^
This day I just got out to burn 100 calories ^
^2.5 mile hike w the fam yesterday also I did weights w my hubby and burned another 200 there. 
I am very motivated right now to get out of the 180's and into the 170's! Weigh in on Friday I will report then :) 

More than anything I am focusing on consistency. I'm still doing my weight program, but didn't get to do most of it last week cause if sick kids. 

I'm reminding myself I've lost 58 lbs in 2010, then I lost 80 pounds in 2012 (both in between pregnancies) and now I'm back to -61. I CAN DO THIS AND I WILL FINISH this year! 39 lbs to go! 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay Adrienne! Yes, keep up the consistency and change, and results will happen. :-)

Kimberly said...

Lookin' good mama! I love seeing your progress! I'm doing Weight Watchers! Walking a ton & so far, since the birth of my son, last may, I've lost about 50! I have so much more to go :/ 125lbs... Its a lot, but I know I can do this! Thanks for being an inspiration!