Friday, January 14, 2011

Ten Miles

I ran my personal furthest today. 1 0 M I L E S!

Yup. This still 50 pound [maybe less ;)] overweight curvy housewife can run for 10 straight miles.

At the end of mile 9 I was hurting. My knees and hips were in pain. When I walked inside I went straight to the freezer. I iced my knees for almost an hour.

My awesome husband was home to watch the boys. I got up at 6:30 so I would hopefully be done right as they were all waking up. After 2 laps I had to pee [like always] and they were all already up :( it was only 7 something. Poor hubby. They were ok though. They all made a picnic on the floor and watched Batman on Netflix. I had already made a big pot of Oatmeal so they had breakfast.

My legs feel better after icing and stretching. But from now on, on my long runs, I am going to walk some. Last week I walked more during the 9 miles and I felt better. I don't want to injure myself, especially right before the half marathon {only 3 weeks away!}.

My husband came home last night unexpectedly so we have a 4 day weekend together (yay!). I wanted to totally take advantage of him being home, but getting my workouts done early so I'm not gone for several hours during the day. Last night I decided to run the 10 this morning, and I decided I would run around my neighborhood. It's been awhile. I get so bored on long runs. So I looked up on my iTunes Christian talk Radio and found a free podcast and they had several guests that had lost weight and how the Lord helped them to do it [so awesome!]. It was a big encouragement and kept my mind busy for the first hour.

One lady on there said, "I never like to tell people how fast I lost my weight, because it's my journey and their journey is different." I thought about that and thought about how I
compare myself to someone that lost a lot of weight in the amount of time I've lost 55 pounds. Then I thought, sometimes people can look at you as competition. Whether in weight loss or in a race, and I am not naturally very competitive so I get bothered by this. I can say now, that I can just brush that off if it may happen and realize, it's MY journey and I am going to enjoy it!

Weigh in tomorrow!

With Skinny dreams tonight,
The Curvy Housewife

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Congrats on the accomplishment! It took me forever to get to 10 miles!

Sherri
http://40willbefabulous.blogspot.com/

Christi said...

Wow, 10 miles is awesome! Congrats!