Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Things


I have been thinking of making some changes on my blog here. Only minor ones....I'll get to those in a minuet.

A few new things: I signed up for a virtual 5K. Hosted by Running after Bugs and Bees. I have to run ( or walk) a 5K between 9/2-9/5.. email her my time, and winner wins a $5 Starbucks gift card! I won't win....and it's ok. Just something fun to do to stay motivated!!

Which brings me to the next subject....One week from tomorrow I will be 26. Wow. 26! Ugh. I am getting old. Hence the Grandma running photo.

In light of my birthday, I wanted to do my own little challenge. From today to the 28th of August, do you think I could complete an Olympic Distance Triathlon? I'll call it....26th Birthday Challenge!!

What I will do is, from today the 20th to the 28th, try to Swim 1 mile, Bike 25 miles, & Run 6.2 miles. That gives me 8 days to complete this goal.....I CAN DO IT! I already swam 1/2 a mile today!! If YOU want to join me with this 8 day challenge....please DO!!!

Now for the new things on my blog. I was inspired [totally coping] by a blog I follow (Mama's soon to be fit life) to have more organized posts instead of randomness all the time. Here's what I am going to try...(KEY word, TRY:)

Mondays: Weekly Reviews (work outs, mile total, ect)
Tuesdays: Two
Wednesdays: Weigh In's & Pregnancy Updates
Thursdays: Thankfulness
Fridays: Fantastic (posts on anything I think is or will be fantastic!)
Saturdays: Sharing (Motivation, thoughts, & quotes)
Sunday: Strategy (Planning the Week)

Disclaimer: This is subject to change and or not happen since I am a rambler and not an organized writer....=) Big smile.

Love, The Curvy Housewife

No comments: