Thursday, August 18, 2011

slow FAT pregnant RUNNER

Today I attempted to run on the treadmill. I was so happy at first I was running and feeling good.

My lower back has been hurting me from time to time for the last 6 weeks or so, but today it was really bothering me. Maybe because I woke up early, did normal routine, went down to ranch, made lunch (PB&J's w soup), and dinner for 20 people (homemade chili in crockpot). Then I went home and put the boys down, did laundry, and cleaned. After that the boys and I headed to the gym. I was already tried, and my back already hurt. But I thought I could still run.

Every time I jogged (very slow...at a 4.0) the bouncing was aggravating my lower back, and it felt like the bones were rubbing together. I managed to do 2 miles, but that is with walk breaks. I felt slow, fat, and very pregnant.

The girl next to me was very fit, and was barefoot running. How could I not look like a cow next to her? I kept thinking, I can't wait to be at my healthy weight, and be able to run easier (of course not being 6 months pregnant will help.) When I told my husband how my back hurt, he said I didn't need to be running, and I should just walk. Maybe he's right. But I miss it.

My heart felt great, lungs: good. Legs: okay....it was my back that made me stop and slow down. I know it's from my big pregnant belly weighing me down. In no way, does that make me frustrated with being pregnant, or with my sweet baby boy. I would quit running for life if I had to, just to have my baby. But it is hard, not being able to run as I use to. This too shall pass though!

I look forward to running long distances again, and being able to run. I'll try again in a few days and see how that goes. I am not going to push to hard, I don't want to injure myself or my baby!

Love, The Curvy Housewife

1 comment:

Christi said...

The time will come! Don't worry. I know it is hard right now but it is so worth it in the end!