Thursday, October 27, 2011

Weigh in & 34 Weeks Pregnant, How I'd LOVE labor to go, & how it probably will go...

Not very happy with this weeks weigh in. Again. Up two more pounds, bringing it to a total of 22 pound gain total this pregnancy.

Good news though, this has gotten me totally aware of my eating habits. I am tracking my food again in My Fitness Pal. I think it really helps. Even though everything I log isn't the healthiest {someone gave us big bag of goodies....BIG bag.}, I KNOW what and how much I am eating. Remember, I am not trying to lose weight, I am trying to be aware of what I am eating. I have my goal still as gaining .5 lb a week, which has me eating 2,200 calories a day. I usually eat right under this or just over, and I am not "planning" my foods.

I've been really conscience lately on what I need to eat. Confession: last week I would eat a piece of cake and get full, and that would be my meal! Is that what me or my baby needs? No. Is that going to help him grow??? No! So again, I am working on this. Why is it so hard in the 3rd trimester? All I want is chocolate! I am drinking V8 regularly, eating my fruits, and whole grains. As a sweet tooth satisfier, I try to eat PB with chocolate chips.

I have been walking at least 2-3 times a week at the Y. I absolutely LOVE it. Fall breeze, peace and quiet. I just pray and talk with the Lord. It's SO refreshing. I pray a lot about the birth and keeping me from gaining too much weight.

I recently saw my reflection while walking, and I had an"Ahhh! Is that me!?" moment. It was depressing. My behind is getting big again. My hips are spreading wider, making my bum wider and flatter...not cute. Although I have to say, my tummy is looking pretty good this time around. Still no stretch marks (not holding my breath on this one). It's much narrower, and smaller (although still big) than with Shane and Cody. I don't get as many, "Your baby must be 12 pounds!" or "You are having twins aren't you?". It's nice. ;-)

I'm getting a lot closer to being done with baby preparing. I am on my last load of baby laundry, got the car seat all washed, and put together, room is done! and I just washed the bassinet and swing. Our church is throwing me a shower Nov 15, (so nice!) so once that is done I can put all away and relax. :)

I got this awesome jogger from my grandma!!!!
I kept thinking, should I get a single jogger? I do have THREE kids!!! But than I remembered why I wanted it to begin with. When training starts for Nashville Rock N Roll Half Marathon
I will most likely be doing a lot of running with just the baby because I'll be nursing him. Either Davey will have Shane and Cody, or they will be in YMCA daycare. Baby O can go into daycare at 8 weeks old, but I am sure I'll keep him with me for a while.
Plus! A triple jogger seems way outrageous right now....maybe someday!!


Sleep is far from wonderful anymore. I am uncomfortable, have to pee all night long, and Cody has been waking up at least once a night and coming into our bed. Which than I get up, carry him back to his room and get him some water. I guess I should say adios to sleeping all night long until baby is 2+ months old {hopefully}.

How I would love labor to go......(Warning: don't read if you don't like to read about births or if things like this bother you!)
The other night when I couldn't sleep I pictured how our birth would go. I read it's good to imagine it how you want it.
I imagined I would wake up with regular contractions. I wouldn't say anything to Davey until I was sure they were it. Then I would walk around the house, squat, and do some things to make sure they kept coming. When they got stronger I would get into our bath tub. Relax for a while and let Davey sleep longer. When they are 3-4 minuets apart I'd call our midwife and tell her to meet us at the hospital. She would call the hospital and ask them to have a room with a tub in it ready for us.
I would tell my Mom we were leaving (she is flying here Dec 5th!) than give the boys a kiss goodbye. Davey will have the hospital bag, and birthing ball, and me with my pillow and my sis have the baby's bag. I plan to be wearing what I plan to wear during the birth (still have not found it yet!).
The drive would be hard with the strong "surges" (another word for contractions...sounds less painful right?). I will be praying and listening to my iPod Hypnobirth relaxing affirmations.
We will get to hospital and get admitted right away. My Midwife would check me and hopefully I will be close to a 5cm. (wishful thinking?) :)
I will than rock on the ball, walk around our room, and have Davey and my sister massage my back and legs, whatever makes me less tense (I really have no idea right now but that sounds good!). I will be snacking and drinking water. Davey will have turned on the music and filled the bath for me. Lights dim, lavender sent fills the room.
Once the contractions become so painful I want drugs (which they will) I hope to get into the bath for some relief. I would like to be in the bath for transition (which is the hardest phase of labor, dilating you from 8 to 10cm). My water will break. I hope** to not throw up, but most woman with out drugs do during transition. Once I feel the urge to push, I will have Davey get the Midwife. She will check me, making sure I am ready. Then with all 3 of them assisting me, I will have to get out of the tub! I also hope to put my night gown back on, but I know in the moment I won't really care.
I plan to push however feels comfortable. Right now I hope I can start out in a squatting position. Davey and Midwife ready to catch the baby. If I am too weak and tired (which will probably be the case) I will try to sit up as much as I can in the bed, or be on my knees on the bed, making gravity work for me. Since Cody came out in 3 minuets, with NO tears, I hope* to have another easy pushing experience. If it takes longer than 30 minuets (Shane was only 25 mins) I will try any position possible.
Once he is out they will place him on my belly. All will be well, when his cord stops pulsing they will cut it and we will try to nurse (if cord is long enough I will try to nurse him right away while I deliver placenta).

And....Here is how the birth will probably go......(this is based on how my last labor went).
I will likely wake up to pee in the middle of the night. When I get up, my water will break. I will think, "Oh crud. We gotta go NOW." I will go pee, wake up Davey and tell him we need to leave. I will be frantically looking for my bags, trying to change into my birthing night gown, when I feel the first contraction. STRONG. Lasting 1 minuet. I sway back and forth, get through it. Finish getting dressed, get my slippers on. Two minuets later another STRONG one. I get through it, wake my Mom and sister, give boys a kiss and we rush to the car.
The ride to the hospital is torturous. I have a sever contraction every 1 1/2 mins lasting 1 minuet each. We call Midwife and hospital on the way to make sure everything is ready. 40 minuets later when we arrive, I can't talk through the contractions, and I can barley walk. We get checked in and I am anxious to be checked. I already want an epidural. Davey encourages me that what I really want is a natural labor. I snap at him and say, "Easy for you to say, you're not the one feeling like you're dying!" even though I tell him all the time to encourage me when I say things like "I can't do this, I need an epidural". {All women say it, even in home births!}
I gather my thoughts and know he's right.
My Midwife checks me and says I am at an 8cm. I am in so much pain, with hardly any breaks between contractions. I quickly get undressed so I can get into the tub, (which is still being filled). While I wait for the tub I go pee, than feel a strong urge to push. Midwife checks me again and says baby is crowning. I barley make it back to the bed, where Davey, my sister, a nurse and my Midwife have to all basically roll me onto the bed. I am in too much pain to try to stand to push, so I just have Davey put the bed up as upright as it can. Next contraction I push, baby's head comes out. Then his body. 2 1/2 hours total labor time. I didn't get to experience the tub, have my relaxing music and smells going, dim the lights, nothing like I planned. But I have a healthy baby, and I had him naturally, and I am now nursing my sweet alert baby boy.

I will be extremely happy with either scenario! My first priority is a healthy baby and healthy me. I hope and pray that it happens by a natural childbirth, but any way he is born as long as we are healthy is an answer to prayer.

Did you imagine how your births would go?

Love, The Curvy Housewife

No comments: