Friday, February 18, 2011

NSV's

Non Scale Victories for this week.... [Besides my 1 mile PR :)]

1. On our way to Morgan Hill on Tuesday we stopped at McDonald's for dinner. I didn't get anything. I ate my Smart One I had warmed up before we left, and the salad I made for myself. When we got to my in-laws, I didn't eat the delicious looking homemade chili they had. I had already eaten all my calories. I was strong and I succeeded. That NSV gave me so much confidence.

2. On Wednesday I went to the gym with my MIL to do Zumba. The teacher didn't show up, so we did the Spin bikes. I had text a friend to see if she would be there and she came and rode with us. I started with my MIL then when she finished I kept going with my friend who came just a little before that. We talked and caught up and I ended up riding for 73 minuets total and
I rode 20.5 miles
!! That was not all easy breezy flat hills either. I made sure I made it hard and I really got a good sweat.

3. On our way home from Morgan Hill yesterday we stopped for lunch at McDonald's again (dollar menu people). I planned ahead and looked up what I was going to get. [By the way, MyFitnessPat app on iPhone is the best]. I got a Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Snack Wrap, and a Vanilla soft serve ice cream. Snack wrap: 260 cal. Ice cream: 150 cal. Total=410
When we got home I had a big chicken salad for dinner.

4. We had our first weigh in last night for the Biggest Loser competition. 8 people, winner gets $80!! I am praying for everyone that is participating to really lose a good amount of weight in 8 weeks. I'm really excited about it.

Davey's PG&E interview went really well. We are excited to see what the Lord will do between Tennessee or PG&E!
It was so good to see my Mom and all our family. I also got to see my Dad who I haven't seen since September! In my whole life that is the longest I've ever gone with out seeing him. I almost weigh as much as my Mom (yay! but she looks much smaller :)) and I now weigh about 25-30 pounds less than my Dad! Whoo hoo! A girl never wants to weigh more than her parents. Especially her really big body building police chief 6 foot Dad. When I started I out weighed him by about 25 pounds. Yikes.

Weigh in tomorrow morning. Please oh sweet Lord let me be below 189. Please? Thank you. I will be so grateful.

What is your favorite NSV you've had? I want to know. :)

Until tomorrow morning, have a healthy and blessed day!

Love, The Curvy Housewife

4 comments:

Kelly said...

A few weeks ago, I walked into Old Navy just intending to try on something, to see if I could fit into it. I chose an XL peacoat - and guess what? It fit!

Adrienne said...

Yay!! That's so awesome Kelly :)

Suzanne said...

I love your group "Biggest Loser" thing. How fun and motivating for everybody. Good luck! Of course, I hope you win!

Jennifer said...

an NSV for me--moving on to the next notch in my belt! I've lost a couple inches in my hips/waist! Hurrah!