Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tennessee


Today I booked a flight for us to Tennessee. I have not mentioned it yet because I hate getting ahead of myself [hate it cause I always do it]. But now since we are flying there it's getting pretty serious I suppose. :)

I am very excited about it. At first I was just in shock that somehow our plans to move to Morgan Hill ended so abruptly. I finally decided to TRUST GOD and realize He knows what He's doing! Then a few days later we got a call about this ministry.

I don't want to get too a head of myself, we all know I am really good at that. We have a peace about this ministry already. I know this is the 4th [Hawaii, Oregon, Ohio, now Tennessee] out of state trip we are taking to visit a church. God has allowed us to meet awesome people at every ministry. I really pray that this is it. We so desire to be in full time ministry. But if it isn't, God is teaching me that His will is worth waiting for.

What's one of the first things I thought of when I hear "Tennessee"? Well since I am so spiritual {sarcasm}, I thought, "I wonder if they have good races there! What about my half Ironman and marathon I am training for?". To put you all at ease, seems they have a fair amount of great races there. But now that I have learned more about the ministry there and prayed about it, I don't care if there are races (ok, well maybe a little). I would just really love to serve in this ministry and to be apart of the great work God is doing there.

Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

I truly believe that verse. I believe that God has a better plan for our lives than we can think up in our own minds. We have to TRUST Him and believe He wants and knows whats best for us. I have no doubt that where ever the Lord has us in the future, that as long as we do His will, He will give us the things we desire to do.

Have you ever been to Tennessee?

Love, The Curvy Housewife

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE your blog and your progress! Stumbled on you through another blog. You are so beautiful! Congrats on your progress so far! :)

Bridgette said...

I'm from Mississippi and visit Tennessee often. I think it's lovely.

Kimberly said...

I'm so excited for you and all that the Lord has in store for you. Did you ever receive my email mail? I never heard back from you.

Adrienne said...

Awe Jennifer! Thank you so much :)
Faith, that's great! Can't wait to see it!
Kimberlynn!! Hi! Yes I did and I'm sorry I didn't respond. I was on my phone and didn't want to type a long email on it then I forgot! :( so sorry. But We are coming, but only for a quick weekend. But hopefully if we move there we will be able to meet! :)

Sharon said...

I live in Tennessee (very near Kimberlynn) and am so excited that you might be moving here. I understand the need for confidentiality during this visit, but if I can help in any way while you are here or answer any questions, I would be honored to be asked. I think Tennessee is a wonderful place to live and I think you would find it a great place to minister and raise your family.

Adrienne said...

Thank you Sharon :) If I have questions I sure will let you know!! I'd love to meet up with you and Kimberlynn one day!

blondevue... said...

How exciting!! I've been to Tennessee and I loved it!!! I was visiting a friend in North Carolina and her family and me and my Mom drove over to Tennessee it was beautiful and fun. Country!!! It is neat to see Gods hands moving :) Races are important but not NEARLY as cool or as important as your family, GOD, and the ministry. Maybe you can have it all :)

Suzanne said...

I've only been to Tennessee once and loved it. It was just a quick business trip but all the folks I worked with were so friendly. Ditto for those that visited Cal on business. It left me with a very favorable impression of Tennessee..seems like a place of friendly, smiling people. Also, GOOD JOB on your 1st 1/2 marathon. What a great accomplishment...you can pat yourself on the back. It's not an easy run by any means! :)

Weightless said...

I'm so excited for you. :-) And well, you know the rest, you're going to LOVE TN =)