Thursday, September 12, 2013

Behind!! From scratch Tortillas

 
 
I can't believe it's already Thursday!!! This week is flying by and so busy.  I'm behind on posting my from scratch adventures.  Monday I made homemade tortillas, and we ate them with shrimp tacos. Yum. 
 
Tuesday I made from scratch pie crust and chocolate pie.  That one was a bit tricky....but it is good. My husband said it's amazing. LOL He's easy to please. 
 
Tuesday I also made homemade gelatin gummy fruit snacks which look amazing in the recipe pic....but were...well....disgusting.  Post about those later too. 
 
Yesterday I made homemade marinara sauce which also didn't turn out quite like the recipe...I don't know if these people really test out the recipes! Ha ha
 
Yesterday I meal planned all morning, picked up Shane from school, then went to Costco, Target and our Mexican store.  Fewww. 8+ months pregnant and 3 boys, going to 3 stores, wowsers.  Came home, did the dishes, unloaded all the groceries and put them away, finished dinner, got ready for church, went to church, came home fed boys snack, got them ready for bed, put them to bed, then I was OUT.  

I am REALLY loving cooking from scratch.  Especially baking.  I loved these tortillas too because theres just something about getting your hands dirty with flour and rolling it out into something beautiful.  I love it. My boys and hubby are also loving it. They keep asking me to make pumpkin pie, and when I am in the kitchen they run in saying, "what are you making today?" It's so sweet :) 
 
 Ok here is the recipe I used.  Source.  

I accidentally made the tortillas too thick, but this recipe is SO easy and like $.50 to make! Seriously can't beat that.  

 
Tortillas From Scratch 

 
3 Cups Flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup oil
1 cup warm water



2 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

Those tortillas look amazing! :) Bless your heart with the preggo, kids, and shopping. Been there, done that, have the gray hairs to prove it! :))

Mrs Swan said...

nom nom nom I want all those black olives. I have a hard time managing my two boys who are older than yours. More power to you!