Monday, September 9, 2013

Learning to crochet

I want to Crochet. I really want to be the mom that makes crafts and always has nice handmade gifts to give....it's so not me. I'm usually re gifting things with used bags or something ghetto like that. Shhh. 

Usually my attempts at making crafts fail. Big time.  But I believe you can learn anything. 

 Turns out I like crocheting. Here was my first attempt at a wash rag..not so pretty. The second one came out much better :) 

Now I am attempting doing a baby blanket for boy #4 (countdown----7 weeks exactly till D-day!!) 

 But the patterns are so complicated! They say "easy" but then it's like I'm reading a different language. 
Ch 8, dc 12, blo 4 whatever. 

No clue. But I WILL learn. I will. 

I am feeling better thank God. I lost 7lbs from being sick! Ack! 

Today I already made something from scratch and will post tomorrow :) Also need to post about my from scratch chicken strips I made last week. 

Ok tata! 


2 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

I am the person who would much rather receive a store-bought gift than a homemade one. LOL I guess that makes me shallow and terrible, thought. Honesty is the best policy, right? Ha!

The Skinny on Staci said...

Oh, PS - But your 2nd one looks great. I have about 4 or 5 of those. I use them as potholders instead of rags! :)